From: jamesrguk [mailto:James_rg@xxxx]
Sent: 27 November 2002 17:12
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Fire at the DMC factory

Hi all,

I work in Colchester and my D has being playing around a bit lately
and as I am a good friend with one of the mechanics in the council
garages opposite I asked him to have a look at the engine later this
week.

Anyway turns out that he was working for the Army in Ireland in the
1970's and early 80's and was called out the DeLorean factory when
there was a fire there. With tensions high anything suspicious or
thought to be the work of terrorist groups had to be dealt with via
the army.

He said that he witnessed at least 3 DeLorean cars on fire and
believes that 8 were lost in the fire. I wondered if this is true, I
know there was a fire but didn't know that there were cars lost. I
have no reason to doubt him.

He said it brought a tear to his eye when he saw them destroyed, he
was there for 6 hours while they investigated the scene and he told
me that although, in his mind, it was obviously a terrorist act that
no terrorist group ever admitted to starting the fire.

Weird,

James RG