From: "mgutkowski@xxxx" <webmaster@xxxx>
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [doc] Went for a spin...
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:27:53 -0500

Hi Dan

The more I work on mine the quietre it is getting. I still have that
irritating something-or-other inside the dash, but apart form that, the
car's getting tighter and tighter. The Doors rattle most, but they need
work that I've been putting off. I am looking forward to changing the TABs
(got Toby TABs to put in) and soaking all the rear syspension rubbers with
silicone because most of the creaks are these rubbers getting dry. Grady's
shocks make the ride much nicer too. I recommend them.

As to reliablility, remember it might have a lot of British parts on the
car, but crucially the engine is European, with German parts.... it will be
a lot more reliable than a Leyland equivalent of the time.

A mild winter usually means WET! That said Lex's wrapped up warm and dry in
work, and getting the last run of the year this weekend up to Peterborough.
Tax is up end of Dec.

Martin