RE: Dead battery (Was: Today was a good day!!! (for Paul at least))

RE: Dead battery (Was: Today was a good day!!! (for Paul at least))

Chris,

> It sounds like you need one of these little auto battery top up
> gismo's. I had one on Delores all last winter, it worked fine.

My car shouldn't need such a device; last winter I had it parked
in a barn for 5 weeks without any trouble what so ever.
Came back to pick it up and it started at once...

The trouble is that it has been standing for a week, then was
started 12 times to be moved around, but was only driven less
than 3 miles within those 12 starts...
I just didn't get the chance to recharge, so with the usual drain
from the stereo, alarm and LockZilla it's just dead now...

> You can of course charge the battery up from the engine bay,
> without removing it, using the red lead thingy.

Hadn't thought of that! I'll be picking up a Jump-Pack this afternoon
to start it up and move it closer to an outlet to hook up the charger.
I haven't got any power in my Cartainer (yet), so if I want to charge
it in there I'll have to lay out over 120 feet of extension cords...

Thanks for the tip on the jumpstart post;
I was thinking too far ahhead...

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000