RE: [doc] Silence is Golden or stainless

RE: [doc] Silence is Golden or stainless

Title: RE: [doc] Silence is Golden or stainless

My family used to keep a boat in Torquay Marina, before we moved it to Spain 4 years ago. Thank goodness it wasn't there. I remembereven in high winds the boats could shift alarmingly in their moorings, in a Tornado I imagine that quite a few would have been smashed to pieces, poor owners. This weather has become biblical in no time at all, it's been such a rapid turn from sunny cold days, to windy, rainy and cold days. There'sflooding in Bath today, some roads are up to a foot deep with water, saw afew small cars struggling. There is no way in the world that I would take out Lola on a day like this, she likes dry sunny days, when the golden sun can reflect off her faultless body work. The winter months give me plenty of time to do the jobs I couldn't be bothered with in the summer.

Had an interesting conversation with Andy Snell, the other Bath D owner/restorer. His car is going really well right now. Listen to this for a bargain though. He is getting his entire interior redone, by an Irish company, not sure if it is the original Delorean people or not. He isgetting all the interior of the car, recovered in grey leather, perfectly matched to the seats. Every inch of the car that originally used vinyl willnow be brand new grey leather. He is also getting brand new carpets in thelighter grey shade installed. The whole lot will be custom made to measure, and finished with perfect precision, including brand new foam behind all panels. Guess the price......£1k. That's it. He'll do it in vinyl too, but can't guaranty a perfect match for colour. Personally I'd rather have leather anyway, as it feels better, and looks for the most part the same. I think that the kind of person that would buy a right hander like mine, would also appreciate a better quality interior.

Remind me again the single best place for D wheel refurbishment. Andy will lend me his set of 4 wheels to use, while I get mine sentoff for being refurbished, any recommendations. I'm looking for a company that will sand blast, repaint in gleaming silver, and seal with a decent lacquer, all four of my wheels. Any ideas anyone, who's got the best wheels, and where were they done. I'm looking for gob smackingly beautiful finishing, but not hand polished, as these are a git to keep looking clean. (I was tempted Chris, but I'm a lazy sod as you know)

Finally, I'm thinking of running a Delorean charity eventin Bath. It would be used to raise money for Clic and the Bath RUH children's ward fund. How many D owners are there within a 120 mile radius of Bath? I am thinking of running a very Pro-Delorean event, at the same time as raising plenty of money for these two charities. The event would include food and drink for all owners, and the opportunity to get your car featured ina number of newspapers and on regional TV. If people are interested, please could you email me back. I can assure you that it would be a lot of fun for all owners and partners. Bath is beautiful to visit anyway, and Deloreans look great against the 18th century backdrop, kind of like group time travel day-trippers. All those who would be interested in joining this event, email me.

Hope everyone is still on the ground, not wirling in the skys,

Stephen.

VIN 6986
Man Grey RHD
"Lola"

Stephen Strelczak
IT Solutions Advisor

Comtec NHS PLC

Comtec NHS PLC,
The Business Centre,
AvonStreet, Bath
BA1 1UN.

Telephone:   01225446122
Facsimile:    01225448360
Mobile:         07970008603

Fujitsu-Siemens Gcat Supplier
HP ProCurve Networking  Platinum  Partner