DMC for sale by auction - Coys

My son, Simon and his friend went up to the Royal Horticultural Halls today
and gave the DeLorean a thorough inspection. His report to me was: strange
silver paint job flaking in places, black interior, manual, ripped driver's
seat, some surface chassis rust and chassis was black at the back not that
grey colour, little bit of eyebrowing, 240kilometer speedo so mileage could
be different to recorded, gas flap, strange engine bay cover with heavy
metal grills, modern stereo, smelt like a farm inside, no trim around the
doors, doors opened and shut really well (perfect), struts on engine bay and
bonnet shot AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - NO VIN PLATE!
I arrived just in time for the auction itself and bid up to £4400 against
someone on the phone. I must admit to wondering if the person telephone
bidding was someone I knew. It went for £4500 plus 15% buyer's premium. Not
bad if you want a cheap D to run around in, but maybe a bit risky with the
faults listed above.
Let me know if you were the buyer.