From: Stephen Strelczak
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:21 PM
To: 'doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [doc] Hi

Well Scott,

            Welcome to the DOC, you've dropped into the email group at a quiet time today. Normally there are emails flying back and forth at quite some speed, about many different subjects, but today there is little going on I'm afraid.

            I'll introduce myself. My names Stephen, and I purchased my Delorean last Christmas Eve. Mine is a RHD model, with manual transmission and a grey interior. It is in very good condition overall, with only a minimal number of jobs left to complete. Named Lola, she really is the most fantastic car I've ever owned, and I've been lucky enough to have been involved with quite a few prestige cars. She belonged to Dave Howarth before me, who did a lot of work to bring her condition up to scratch. Other than that, the registration is PSO 69W, and the VIN# is 6896.

            I'm based in the Bath area, but there are owners all over the UK. Someone else will be able to tell you exactly how many cars there are in the UK, but one thing's for sure, it's certainly one of the rarest cars around. I think that statistically you are more likely to see a well known celebrity in the street, than you are a Delorean,I know which one I'd rather seeJ. Before I went to view Lola in November last year, I had only ever seen two other delroeans. One parked outside one of the hotels at Gatwick early in the morning about 10 years ago, and one at a car museum about 12 years ago. That's it. You know, the best thing about driving and owning  aDelorean for me, is watching the people looking at the car. The reason I love it so much, is that it reminds me of the look on my face, when I first saw a Delorean in the flesh. A kind of dumb looking grin, then a widening of the eyes, then a full faced smile. Most of the people in Bath tend to follow thatwith, "It's a fucking Delorean", or "It's backto the future init?" or "fucking back to the future yeh!!" We're in the west-country here, far too much inbreeding J

            If you're ever in or around Bath, give me a call, and come and check out the car for yourself, she's quite a beauty I think(not a word about exhaust pipes here Martin) J

            Hope you enjoy being in the Club, I enjoy it greatly. Last DOC get together in Derby was great fun for all the D owners and non-owners too.

            Kind regards,

            Stephen.

Stephen Strelczak

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk