Re: fuel starvation

>>>my fuel starvation when the tank is less than half full (which
gets progressively worse as the tank empties...............

This is a common problem, I have tried many different designs of
pickup pipe and the most effective I have found is copper pipe.
I brought a small bit of 15mm copper pipe using a pipe bending spring
I bent it to a tight 90degrees, stuck an inline filter on one end and
used some of the old rubber pickup line at the other end to attach it
to the pump.
I butted the end of the copper pipe up to the bottom of the fuel
pump, using the rubber pipe to join the two allows a bit of flex to
get it back in the tank.

So far no problems, I though it had gone nuts at one stage but it was
infact a loose electrical connector to the pump.

As for removing the baffel etc.. you have to dismantle it in the tank
so that you can squeese it through the pump hole. It's great fun
especially if the tank is full of petrol, you get a very itchy arm!
(you sould really do this with the tank empty for saftey reasons)

I found this position worked quite well

http://www.delorean.co.uk/pictures/DCP02374.JPG

Regards

James RG