[Fwd: [DML] Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits?]

[Fwd: [DML] Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits?]

Here is some info on rebuilding Brake Master Cylinder from the american DML I thought could be useful.

> Subject: Re: [DML] Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits?

snip..
> Now then ... in the "olden days", all good shade tree mechanics
> rebuilt their brake master cylinders until the walls were too thin to
> hold the pressure. I have (unconfirmed, but a good starting place)
> kit part numbers Raybestos MK1544, and Girling/Lucas SP7243. To
> rebuild a cylinder, you need a good brake hone, and some calipers for
> measuring diameter, in addition to the rebuild parts.
snip..

snip..
> Complete assy is available at autozone. Duralast 11-2329 AutoZone had it for
> $71, with a $45 refundable core charge.This is the same MC as a 1986 SAAB 900
> Brake master cylinder #707950
snip..

Chris S
Vin 16327

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890