Re: [doc] Northern Ireland Registration Numbers

Re: [doc] Northern Ireland Registration Numbers

In a message dated 16/02/02 00:43:14 GMT Standard Time, delorean@xxxx writes:

Just 4 fun I searched for "UXI" which was the letter combination on
the factory cars (featured in a lot of car magazines) and I believe
also on Robert's DeLorean.

Stian,
You're not quite correct here.  UXI 6434 is indeed my registration but this is a 1990 registration number.  In 1981 some of the factory cars were AXI ----.
Just to explain; the vehicle registration office over here use a sequence of letters until all the numbers are used up. eg. sequence began with AXI 1000 up to AXI 9999, then BXI 1000 up to BXI 9999, then CXI and so on.  I once had a VW Golf with OXI 7677.  Each county has different letters, eg. alphabetical sequence beginning ADZ or ABD.  Recently there was a sequence beginning AAZ and there was quite a bit of interest in  DAZ which washes whiter I believe!
Best wishes,
Robert
Belfast