Digs at D's (again)

"James Clark" honkparphonk@xxxx wrote this to me today. As I'm
off snowboarding for a week, I thought I'd send it off to you lot to
reply to him privately and help him understand the error of his ways....

Martin
--- Begin Message --- Just read the 'response' to the Quentin Wilson argument on your website. I hope you didn't write it. Illiterate, certainly, but more amusing is the hopless lack of knowledge and the car-based obsession which appears to have blunted the author's grasp on reality.
I quote:
"Anyone having read the article would want to scream and shout about all the things NOT mentioned - and would like the chance to set the records strait. Rest assured, the matter is in hand with the "powers that be" at the DOC and stern letters have already been penned to the BBC director general, and the producers of The Car's the Star. Legal advice is being sought regarding what would happen if the show were screened showing the DeLorean in a similar light."
Hillarious. No doubt the DG at White City was quaking in his boots when he heard that the "powers that be" at the DOC were on his trail.
As for 'legal advice' - I laughed like a drain. Has it not occured to you that you are talking about the libel of a car. A car you berk. How can you libel a car? Are its feelings hurt? You really do have to be a sad obsessive for this to be anything but obvious.
Other than that, I think QW was spot on. Deloreans are tacky, cheap, slow and the sole preserve of Essex scrap dealers trying to improve their image.
I blew one clean away in my TR3a last year, and that was made 25 years before the crook who knocked together the Delorean scam ever had the idea.

--- End Message ---