Delorean electrics

Hi I recently bought a Delorean after 21 years of waiting
(interested since 1980 at the tender age of 10!)

I recently heard about a potential fire hazzard with the electric fan
wiring on the cars and I'm after some info on what, where and how to
check and cure it, if I need to.

On the electrics front, I'm cleaning the earth's up at the moment and
I've got the door trims off, the power window on the passenger side
works but continues to try to close at it's maximum position, now
I've heard this is a common prob on "D's" but there must be a switch
or device somewhere in it to stop this, any help?

I've got the drivers side window to sort as it's shorting out at the
moment.

Final question, honest...

I took the rear dimistor switch out to check why the dash light comes
on when the thing is switched off and the bloody thing fell to bits
in my hand, now I've talked to Dave and I know these are pricey,

I was up til 4' in the morning for a couple of nights trying to put
this back together, now I think I've sorted that and it seems to work
on a meter, but the click return of the switch isn't working and
there must by a bit missing, I've checked all inside the car and I
can't find anything, I even wrapped it up in a cloth before I got out
the car so as not to lose anything.

Here's the contents I've got: Base and surround, rocker switch, brass
rod, brass spring clip and a brass hook contact thingy!

Any help anyone?

James

Vin #569