shiny wheels

I am having my wheels sandblasted to get rid of nasty black paint.  They have offered to powder coat them but I don't fancy that.  Perhaps I should just put some lacquer on the bare metal?  Anyone got any thoughts?

Tony Lawther

PS Stian, thanks for info.  Wingray have offered to reconditioned my water pump bearings if I can get it back to them.  They say there are no new pumps in the country, or even in France at the moment.  Could be a race against time for Gaydon, unless I tow a water tank behind the car!