[doc] Max Power

Eveninâ all,
Well well wellâthanks to all the recent MaxPower-related e-mails, I finally succumbed to peer pressure and (rather ashamedly) had my first ever look at the Max Power websiteâwhat did I find? I found a modified Honda Civic! To quote the website:

ââitâs money well spent; just check out those 18in Wolfrace Ikons, the full custom Mynheer kit and that wild paintjob. And if that wasnât enough theHonda is packed with ICE and features some of the sweetest original Altezza rear lights weâve ever seenâBaz has been into cars all his life and admits that he could've got a Ferrari with the money he's spent...â

Hmmmâcall me an old fart (at the age of 20), but I really think Iâm missing the point here. Funnily enough, I love old Hondas and as it happens and I have actually just purchased a 1989 Honda Accord estate 2.0 automatic (although my parents donât know anything about this yet!! So Glen H, keep that one quiet mate!) But I can guarantee that it will remain totally bone-stock. Why not kit it out in ground-effects anf purple neons? Well, because I like it just the way it is. I LIKE the fact that all the interior dashboard lights are all horrible and green and that all the control switches are HUGE and cumbersome. Itâs part of the carâs identityâoh, and also the fact that the original sales brochure refers to the boot as a âgullwing tailgateââ.hmm, maybe THAT has something to do with it!

Ever since I became interested in DeLoreans about 12 years ago, I have strongly believed that it really takes a certain sort of âbeliefâ in someone to even get involved with out marque! Long may that continue, and may the gap between the DOC and Max Power grow ever larger!

Phil Peters & VIN 4400
Funnily enough, ex-1993 Honda Civic owner
Recent 1989 Honda Accord owner (hush hush)