[doc] DMUK Important announcement

Hi All

What follows is a quick story of DMUK for the past year, where we've
been, and where we're now going, with a few apologies along the way.
This passage will be on our website in a matter of days, together with
contact details and maps for AC Motors.
-------------------------
We had been going great guns until early this year when the chap who
helped us set up the company, who, at the time was a very good friend,
ran off with a 4-figure sum of company money. As you can imagine, this
accounts for an awful lot of oil filters! Mainly though, it affected our
ability to invest in the short term (eg buying parts in to complete
jobs, and investing in new part development). This has put us on the
back foot for a long time, during which the council also decided to shut
us down from working on cars at the address on our website. The bank
also seem to choose the most inopportune moments to change their policy,
often to the point of making operating from the bank account stupidly
restrictive (thank God for Paypal!).

In the past two months, I personally have had to spend a lot of time at
home with my parents as my father, after several years of gradual
decline, began rapidly descending into dementia until and two weeks ago
when he passed away at the age of 85. I have been at home keeping my
mother company for much of the time since then. During this time, Dave
has been doing his best to "man the phone" in Stevenage, but he too had
some family business to attend to so the answerphone got very full,
sometimes for days at a time. This is why the website now sports my
mobile number - please do try it if you get no joy from the company land
line. It also explains why orders have been taking some time, so please
accept our humblest apologies for any inconvenience.

Thankfully, in spite of all of this, the buoyancy of the DeLorean market
is seeing us through and showing a lot of promise for the future. We've
recently acquired a large stock of used parts, and even without
advertising, they're already flying out of the door! We've been keeping
a close eye on the secondhand market and have managed to snap up several
"unavailable" parts (eg manual transmission mounting brackets, driver's
side torsion bar, exhaust brackets..... and more)

We have also just arranged a partnership with a gentleman by the name of
Andy Carvosso who is a professional mechanic and garage owner in
Southen-on-Sea. He has recently acquired his own DeLorean which he is
stripping to the bare bones and rebuilding (currently his workshop
contains a rolling chassis and two underbodies in a line, very pretty!).
He indicated some time ago his great desire to get in on the act with
working on DeLoreans, so it seemed only sensible to hammer out a deal!

With immediate effect, we are booking DeLorean work at AC Motors in
Southend. You can book your car in through us in the usual way, or
simply to arrange a time, you can call Andy direct on 01702 303683. Dave
and/or I will be there working side-by-side with Andy, so your car will
be given the care and attention we've developed at DMUK since we
started. I will be putting a map link on the website over the weekend.

In the next few days, the dmuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx e-mail address will be
directed to all three of us at the same time. For your records, DMUK
addresses are as follows:

Martin Gutkowski    martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dave Woodyard    dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Carvosso    andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All of the above, and our Paypal account:    dmuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, as we slide into autumn, it only remains for me to thank all our
customers for your support and patience, and please drop us a line if
you have any suggestions or queries

Best Wishes

Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Motors UK Ltd