Re: [doc] Re: Thatcham Visit.

Mark

I too do not want to get into a slanging match. "Arguments" on other
forums are beside the point, being 99% directed towards one individual.
BUT even taking into account what you've written, the remote starter
does nothing to make the car less secure. They are designed that unless
the key is put in the ignition, the car is undrivable  You could still
"hotwire" the car but this would be the same irrespective of the remote
start. If you want to talk qualificatins, remember these are electronic
systems and I do have a degree in it.

Remember the system Chris is talking about hangs off an alarm system
complete with immobiliser and all the usual paraphenelia. I doubt very
much that the remote starter would not cut off instantly it detects a
window being broken.

As for opportunists: Removing the RPM relay, start relay, or tripping
the inertia switch will have most of them stumped

Re-reading my post, I can see the offense, and I apologise. I am curious
to know if you have fitted one of these systems?

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk