[doc] Re: Mirror Switch

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:31:34 -0000, "Declan Gantley" wrote:

> Just going through the electric on my doors yesterday , when I was
> testing the switch for the mirrors I was getting continiuty for the
> downward position on both mirrors from the same connection , there
> are only 8 connections on the switch , 7 directional and one ground
> (black), should there not be eight?, there are still 2 not connected

There are only 8 connections, that's correct; one positive, one ground
and three from each mirror... The switch is constructed in such a way
that you can only adjust one direction at a time, not "diagonal".
Because of that they were able to connect the two motors in each
mirror together, saving an extra wire in the harness...

The switch for choosing which side you want to adjust only switches over
two sets of wires; those that are NOT connected together in the mirrors...

If you take a look at the schematic you'll see what I mean...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000