RE: [doc] Rear Number Plate Bezel

I'd be interested James - BTW, where exactly IS the photo section?
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Thomas Mc Auley [mailto:mcauleydmc@xxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: 04 August 2004 11:15
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [doc] Rear Number Plate Bezel

  Well on the path to 'mint-ness' I'll take one also if the cost isnt too
bad.

  Thomas

  jamesrguk <James_rg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all,

  I have been playing with the idea of having some number plate bezels
  manufactured for the rear number plate as I know that a couple of my
  DeLorean owning buddies are without them.

  I have had a friend make a pattern using DELCAM CAD and it is ready
  to be cast in either Resin or Aluminium, I will be going for the
  aluminium option which leaves the option of painting to original
  black colour, polishing to a shine or graining like the rest of the
  car.

  In theory the finished product will be much sharper than the
  original, take a good look at the original, on mine I could only
  find a few raised squares that actually had a straight edge.

  The only differences from the original (other than the material) are
  a couple of the angles as undercuts are hassel to cast, but the 2
  angles that have changed can't be seen when it is on the car.

  Main thing really is.....is anyone interested in one! forget about
  price, as I haven't a clue at the moment, I am really just
  interested if there are people out there with this part missing or
  in need of replacement.

  Pictures of the DELCAM work fot the pattern are in the photos
  section under "Bezel for rear plate" take a look

  Sorry to waffel on.....

  James

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

---