[doc] First Drive

Hi All,

Just got back from my first proper drive, 20 odd miles to Derby to visit
a friend.

Bloody wonderful! - after 6 months hard graft it was really great to
enjoy the fruits of my labour.

The odd rattles, and a bit of ropey driving on my part (always takes a
little time to get used to any new car) but a real thrill.

I did manage to get through all the gears which seem to work, tricky to
do in a D when the roads barely needed more than 3rd. The brakes are
getting better now the rust is getting scrubbed off them!

The only problem was a bodge repair I made to the throttle spool gave up
a few yards from the chaps house, fortunately said friend owns an
engineering company and very kindly drove all the way back to work,
opened up and spent two hours machining a beautiful repair that works a
treat, if not better than the original. He deserves a plug:

Live Steam Models - Derby - 01332 830811

Of course this then gave me the opportunity to drive home in the dark
and check out all the lights inside and out. I did a little engine
tweaking before setting off which improved things greatly. I was able to
sit back and really enjoy the ride. That also gave me the opportunity to
get comfy and fiddle with all those little things like precise seat
position, steering wheel, mirrors and heater settings that get ignored
at first.

Now I'm going to get some serious driving time in to really get it
smoothed out - can't wait!!

Rich H (A very happy chappy)
DOC 365 VIN 1274 (alive again after ten years!)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk