[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

1) The inertia switch normaly stays down and pops up in the event of
an inpact to cut power to the fuel pump, so yours sounds a bit
weird, unless it is mounted upside down :-) or simply disconnected?

2) Clicking relay and no start can often be a loose relay, it's
worth just checking all the connections are good and solid in the
relay comp, give the fueses a good clean or they tend to get hot and
melt the fues box it may also be a dodgy earth/battery connection

3) The honking sound is probably your expansion tank pushing
out/sucking in air as the engine cools after a run, my car honks for
ages after a run, once every 30 seconds or so. As you probably know,
the expansion tank/header tank is in the engine bay on the passenger
side, hence from inside the car it probably sounds like it is
comming from behind the passenger seat.

Hope some of this helps

James RG

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk