RE: [doc] Removing door panel???..........Help :)

RE: [doc] Removing door panel???..........Help :)

To get past the door panels,

First remove the upper panel, there is a row of fir tree clips along the
top edge unpop these first, the lower edge wedges into the arm rest.
There is also a springy metal hook at the rear of this panel - don't tug
too hard here or you'll pull the pop rivets out that hold said clip onto
the panel.

For the lower panel there are varying number (usually two) chunky screws
holding the panel to the door, one at the front and one toward the rear.

You need to remove the black trim that surround the internal door
catch/lock and the mirror switch if it's the drivers door, or the blank
panel if it?s the passenger door.

Now play eye-spy to spot the two bolts hold the internal door handle
onto the door, you'll need a loooong extension and a 10mm socket to get
at them. Unscrew them (don't loose them, the thread is weird), and that
should allow you to pull the lower trim away - there are some more fir
tree clips at the bottom and sides of this panel too.

I think I remembered everything :)

It's HIGHLY recommend you cover the sharp edges of the holes in the door
with gaffer tape before trying to work on the insides - the edges are
RAZOR sharp - many folks have gashes that required stitches to prove it!

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk