Re: [doc] Engine "sputter"

Also double check the solenoid.
There should be 12v at the plug when the throttle is shut.
connect a vac pipe to centre vac connection and suck on it.
You shouldnt be able to suck through the solenoid.
Open the throttle plate so that the throttle switch is not closed,
you should be able to suck through the solenoid.
Sometimes this sticks.
If this doesn't work you wont get any ignition advance under load.

Sputter could also be down to general tuning, fuel pressure, CPR, etc.
Bit hard to diagnose over a newsgroup.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Nick.

Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Stian

Get a length of vac hose and put it on the distributor diaphragm. Suck
on the end. You should be able to mode the diaphragm so far, then it'll
lock. Then letting it go, you'll hear it snap back inside the dizzy.
Check the vacuum's plumbed up correctly as per the diagram, and check
the vacuum is passing to the solenoid behind the metering head when the
engine's warm.

COuld you tell Odd that we've been really busy in the past two weeks,
but we cracked on with his headliners today. UNfortunately the back
boards were in pretty poor shape once the old covering was removed. This
has taken considerably longer than normal to get right.

Best Wishes

Martin