[doc] Out and about in Sussex and London

[doc] Out and about in Sussex and London

Hi List,

Been trying to get out and about as much as possible, as usual the
interest shown in the car has been profound. A couple of notable
events occurred this week and I thought I would share

I took the car to London last week, it turned out to be the most
intense trip so far. I parked up off Tottenham Court Road near the
RADA building and boy did it get some attention. The person I was
meeting turned up about an hour and half late so I simply sat near
by and observed, a real eye opener absolutely every kind of person
showed interest, occasional photos where taken and small groups from
the college where also coming out to have a look.

This was fine but then I decided to sit in the car with one door
open, this just caused mayhem, photos, questions and (this must be a
male thing) guys dragging there girlfriends excitedly to the car,
telling them this was the "back to the future" car ! Said
girlfriends completely missing the gravity of there boyfriends
exhilaration. I'm starting to get the hang of the whole modesty
thing but it's hard not to get enthusiastic when you have such a
revered car??.

Tesco car park in Eastbourne on Saturday evening:

I happened to park the De roughly 6 spaces away from a new
convertible Ferrari, all very nice but the Ferrari owner had not
parked in a bay but near the entrance/exit doors to the store, on
the exit road. (presumably for effect)

Well very nice it was too, but when I came out, guess where the
admiring onlookers were with cameras flashing and big smiles?. Got
to say it was a significant ego boost.

Gary Tidman
BAKNTIM 0981

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk