Re: [doc] 85 million pound question

Chris,
I can't believe it, I wrote a big long reply to you and then IE
crashed on me!! I'll retype it in the next few days, but right now
I'm disgusted with my computer.
Best wishes,
John

PS to sum up, John Delorean is a great guy! :)

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham1@xxxx>
wrote:
> John,
>
> I think folk in the Republic of Ireland and the UK may have a
slightly
> different take on the DeLorean saga.
>
> Don't forget JZ only came to Ireland initially because the republic
was
> interested in his project. It was only after your government (in
the South)
> had a good look at the project and decided it didn't stack up
financially.
> Then JZ jumped straight into the willing arms on the "Northern
Ireland
> Development Agency" who were more than happy to take a big risk in
order to
> generate some badly needed jobs in the North.  So we in UK ended up
taking
> the risk and ultimately paying the price.
>
> No politician, even the "Iron Lady" readily chucks away 3,000 jobs,
if there
> was a sensible alternative.
>
> I'm sure JZ was charm itself when to talked to him, I'm sure he'd
charm
> anyone. Have you read all the different accounts of people that
worked with
> him, for him and alongside him? They show a different side of his
character.

> To get where he got, he (like any other high flyer) needs a "core
of steel"
> and an un-assailable  belief that he is always right...even when
he's wrong.

> The only reason this still matters (to me) is that I don't believe
our young
> members should not be brainwashed with all this conspiracy theory
stuff. If
> you run a business badly and it fails, then you, the head man,  are
> responsible...simple as that.
>
> I still admire JZ greatly; very few men could have achieved what he
did.

> It just irritates the hell out of me when history is re-written. Our
> politicians are  still doing this on a daily basis and when they do
it, its
> not a question of loosing a few million quid of taxpayers
money.....Folk get
> killed!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chrispy....and yes I know we shouldn't get political...I apologise.

I'd

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk