From: <pastyman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [doc] Kent show

Hi all

I would also like to attend this car show, however it will depend on whether
my car is ok, unfortunately some one with a vengeance against me got into my
garage and poured 3 litres of white emulsion paint over my car.

They also scratched the bonnet, door etc, I have a feeling I know who it was
but its partly my fault for leaving the garage unlocked, they is nearly
always a car parked in front and where I live you stand a very good chance
of seeing someone entering my garage, but no-one saw anything on this
occasion.

I was to p***ed off at first and couldn't do anything except stand there and
look at it of hours, eventually I started a cleanup with the pressure washer
etc to assess the damage, removed louvre that would need re-spraying and
engine compartment cover, plus wipers and trim etc. Luckily the interior is
untouched.

The main problem is that its all in the door wells, and is time consuming to
clean up, Luckily we are extremely lucky to have James RG in our club who
suggested I drive it to his ramp/valeting centre to see if the diesel
powered steam cleaner would shift it.

I drove it there on Good Friday and we managed to successfully clean all
bodywork, fascias and trim of the paint (with the help of some strong
chemicals!), and its mainly door wells left to give a second clean, if all
goes well should be back on the road in 2-3 wks.

Thanks to James RG

  Alistair

   Vin 11622

Some pics if anyone interested