RE: [doc] Electrical quesition

If the wiring loom is damaged, you are only looking a 50-80 quids worth
of cable at most, providing you are willing/able to strip it out and fix
it yourself. Buying a new loom would cost much, much more.

A full set of relays about 50 quid - The RPM relay costs $90 ish which
is easily fixable for about 72p

The ECUs are repairable; again for a few quid providing they haven't
been utterly annihilated. New ones will cost a small fortune.

Starter motors can be reconditioned for £80 - £100, but it's unlikely
they will have been damaged.

Diodes - pence

Stereo - depends on the damage, but not an essential part of the cars
operation anyway.

Alternator, not sure - £80ish this is the most likely candidate for
damage.

Door lock module is kak anyway and probably needs fixing as a matter of
course. £25

The more electrical bits I think of the longer the job to price it all
up - there are all the gauges in the dash too. You really need to try it
to find out what's blown up first. I shouldn't think the cost would come
to anymore than £800 absolute max. Cost also depends how much you can do
yourself, labour is expensive...

I don't know if others on the list think that?s realistic?

Rich H

Does
> anybody have any idea of the total cost of new parts. How much would
DMUK

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk