RE: [doc] Angle drive hell

Nice folks, but struggling to get it right...

They called me to tell me they had a couple of "refurbished" original angle drives in stock, which meant I could have it quicker than expected. When I went to pick it up I discovered when turning it by hand the unit locked solid, and had to be backed off a smidge to free it. I left it with them.

My return trip today, and got as far as the car park before discovering the same fault :(  If it jams when turning by hand, you can guarantee at 1000 RPM it'll do the same, so I've left it with them again.

The two caps don't look like they've ever been removed, so I suspect the drive has been washed out but not actually dismantled - as soon as the cable (which is quite stiff) is attached the (probably damaged) gears bind under load. Hopefully they'll go back to plan A and make me a new one...

Rich H

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk