Was Re: Idle speed blues Now Recalls

I appreciate the humor but the sign-off is so everyone knows it's not
Fatboy! Also from the vin you can guess what color interior, auto or
5-speed, and what recalls may have been done by the factory. By late
82 the recalls were done either in the factory or the QAC centers. On
many early cars I have seen some have not had the recalls done. The
recalls are serious business as if you are in an accident and the
inertia switch didn't unlock the doors and you are unconcious the
results could be dramatic! Same goes for the ball joints and the sway
bar brackets. The consequenses of a bad fan fail relay or the bypass
wire has resulted in Deloreans burning. A broken trailing arm bolt at
speed would spoil the rest of your day! This is why every owner should
get their car inspected by someone who knows what to look at. Delorean
Midatlantic at their annual spring event offers inspections by one of
the major Delorean venders free for all members. It is comming up soon
(April 26) so anyone interested should contact Dan D. Door adjustments
are also free for members so bring your car and join up. This is the
next best thing without doing recalls.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Christian Williams <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> I agree that most of those should have been recalls, but this is the
first
> that I've heard that DMC should have recalled David Teitelbaum or
vin
> 10757. :)
>
> -Christian
>
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, jtrealtywebspannet wrote:
>
> > The throttle recall campaign was initiated while DMC was
delivering
> > the early 81's. It was discovered that rain could get into the
> > throttle cable by the engine and freeze causing the cable to
stick. If
> > you have a black cover over the throttle spool then you had the
recall
> > done. If you don't have the cover it is available from the
Delorean

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews