Geek Project

[MODERATOR NOTE - while we normally dump "Somebody Sell me a Cheap DMC" ads I thought this was reasonable enough to post. We'll still tend to dump such posts though---ds]

While rather new to the DMC list, I've been a DeLorean fanatic for many years. I am the president and founder of The Geek Group (www.thegeekgroup.org) a non-profit science and technology education Group in Kalamazoo Michigan. For one of our upcoming projects in the new year we would like to renovate and modify a DMC-12. This would not a restoration, this would be the creation of basicly, the DMC-13. We would incorporate some new designs and ideas (like computer integration, performance upgrades, etc) while building of the platform of the original DMC-12.

I cannot imagine destroying a perfect DeLorean, that would just be wrong, especially with so few remaining. What we're looking for is a marginal DeLorean, preferably one we can get donated in exchange for a serious tax writeoff (we are a 501-c-3 corporation), sponsorship of your business, etc. The only requirement is that it be somewhat functional and the body not be destroyed, driveable is a big plus.

If anyone knows of a DeLorean about to be put out to pasture, or gathering dust somewhere that we can save from the scrapheap please let me know. I have 50 engineering kids here that will give it a loving home :)

What are your thoughts on such a project? I understand the complete restoration of a DMC-12 is a massive undertaking, but bringing it back to showroom stock isn't our goal, we want to use the imagination of our students to take the next step in an already futuristic car.

If you have questions please feel free to email me at info(AT)thegeekgroup.org or call me at 616-385-2222 (ask for Chris).

--
Christopher A. Boden
Geek#-1 Rank G-6