Re: [DML] Lowered springs - just the front?

Re: [DML] Lowered springs - just the front?

I lowered just the front of mine with the springs Rob at PJ Grady offers.
Pictures of my car are on the SDS Racetech projects page at
http://www.sdsefi.com/features/nov01del.htm
With the springs out it's an excellent time to replace as much as you need
to, including any rust repair that might need to be done around the lower
control arms and their frame mounts. I found the best spring compressor to
use is the two piece type that fits on the outsides of the springs. You'll
need to position them at about the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. There is just
not enough room to use the internal type. You can get them to use from
Autozone for free and since they only offer two types, internal and external,
you should be able to get the same ones I used.
Jack the car up, lightly support the lower a-frame with another jack to
remove the extension load from the shock and remove the shock. Remove the
pivot bolt from the upper control arm and position it out of the way. Take
care to not stress the brake lines. Removing the brake caliper from the
steering knuckle will give you more room to work. Compress the spring and
remove it. You need to align when you're done. Also give the car some time to
settle into the new springs before you align. Lube the spring seats properly
upon reassembly to avoid squeaks.
Jim
6147