Your first DeLorean purchase II

Guess I overlooked the obvious, sorry. Don't buy one with dents, don't
buy one with a cracked windshield, don't buy one that needs to be
upholstered, don't buy one with trashed louvers or facias, don't buy one
that's not been driven for 15 years, you will be facing a money pit.
Buy one that has been well taken care of and driven with some regularity
but not with extremely high mileage. That's reasonable isn't it? I
freely admit that a pristine '81 is vastly superior to a trashed '82 or
'83, I assumed that was a given. As to the "book" borrowing it works
just as well as buying it, I said read it, not buy it, I borrowed the
copy I read. You need to know what's in it.

You're on your own now, good luck!