3760 Miles, and still going strong.

Yesterday evening, I just returned home from my week and a half vacation which
included the DMC Houston open house. The total drive in my DeLorean was about
3760 miles, Minneapolis-Houston-Knoxville-Minneapolis, all within 10 days.
Grand average mileage was about 26mpg, with a couple city shots with 21, and
a few country drives pulling 29. For anyone who may doubt the car's ability,
I hope this proves you wrong. Not a single problem occured with the car. A
few of you may know I developed a small short in the instrument cluster, but
that was because I hit that bump going north from the Sofitel to fast and too
many times. However it never effected the driveability of the car. I would
also like to give a public thank you to Aaron Posey, Ken Koncelik, and Dave
Swingle for allowing me to crash at thier places during my trip. Also, Darren
Decker goes into my car's history as being the first person to drive my DeLorean
other than me since I bought it, exactly one year ago. (Thats what you get
when you try to drive from Houston to Knoxville in one shot starting at 3:00pm.)
Overall, I thought the open house was fun, however I'm not quite sold yet on
the engine upgrade, I'll wait and see what stage II and III pump out. Now my
car needs new rear tires and an oil change, so I think I'll give it a break
for now. (8000 miles in 3 months is a little exessive).

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960