Side View Mirror Question

Hi List,
I've got a question regarding the side view mirrors on our
cars...I've got an October 81 on which the passenger side view mirror
has come loose. It's not the mirror itself, but the whole part that
swings in for side clearance. I've pulled the little plate off that's
underneath the hinge point and I expected to find a nut or something I
could tighten down, but I didn't. Any clue on how to perform this
operation?
I'm getting mighty tired of the mirror swinging in on it's own at
highway speeds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Josh
VIN 5102
VIN 15964