San Diego area - Delorean road trip to Julian

San Diego area - Delorean road trip to Julian

This is for anyone in or near San Diego, California who wishes to join us. Last month we had a gathering just to meet local owners and managed to gather 9 cars and a great group of people. It'd be nice to top that this month...

We are planning a trip to Julian this coming Saturday, June 23. Please plan to arrive at the Trophy's in Mission Valley (163 @ Friars Rd., in the Hazard Center) at 9:30 Saturday morning. From there it is almost exactly 60 miles to Julian. The route, after some unavoidable Interstate travel at the beginning, will take us through some beautiful scenery and should be a very enjoyable drive. Once in Julian, we'll have some parking blocked off for us by Eric, a Delorean owner and also the owner of the Warm Hearth store there. If you know Julian, you know that parking can be difficult at times, so this is a great bonus! We are free to shop around in town and /or have lunch (lunch gets my vote!) Shortly before 2pm, we'll need to get back together and drive 3 miles further down the road to the Menghini Winery. The Menghini's are excited about having us visit, and we'll be able to park in a large, grassy picnic area right behind their wine-tasting room. That will be the end of any "organized" activities for the day. There are many different routes available to get back to San Diego - if you'd like any suggestions, please contact me.

This information has already been sent to all of the local folks that I am aware of. If you're close enough, we'd sure like to see you here. If you need any additional information or encouragement, please contact me at dmcox "at" delorean.com (dmcox@xxxx)

Thanks,
Dave

YourName@xxxx -- it's free from <a href="http://www.delorean.com";> DeLorean Motor Company</a>!