Re: Dead Pedal Install

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Watkins Family <watbmv@xxxx> wrote:
> Well I finally got up the nerve to install my DMC Houston dead
pedal. [snip]
> As for the "feel" of the pedal...Well, it is GREAT!
> It makes a world of difference in how far your foot extends
> into the footwell. I felt more secure in the driving position.
> If your thinking of getting one I would recommend it.
> Let me know if you get one and have any problems!

I got mine with an order of speedoparts I had to get anyway from PJ
Grady. There were no instructions with it, but I had allready been
familiarised with the procedure through email AND my father is quite
experienced with rivnuts, he even has a special too for them.

The only thing that made us install it twice is that I "fitted" the
pedalposition with the door open, not realising that my knee could go
more outward without the armrest on the left. When we finally had it
installed it turned out to be too close to me (too far "up").

To avoid unneccesary extra holes we ended up making a small bracket
to get the pedal in the right position, using the previously drilled
holes from the wrong position. Now all I have to do is reinstall the
thing...

I realise this was our fault, since I didn't have the instructions I
don't know if it allready is in there, but I woudl like to warn
everyone that IMHO you should find the right position with the door
closed!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000