Re: [DML] Rough idle and hard starting.

Payne, You shouldn't have an excessive amount of idle fluctuation. I can't
see any on my tack during cold Idle. The air flow meter adjusted properly
also regulates the air going into the engine. In turn the position of the air
flow meter piviots the control plunger in the fuel distributor. Changing the
position of the control plunger which allows gas to flow into the upper part
of the fuel distributor going to the injectors. If this is out of adjustment,
then the control plunger is opening to much allowing more gas to go to the
injectors, thus a richer mixture. The fluctuation your experiencing is more
than likley the 02 / Lambda system seeking the right air to gas mixture. I
would heat the car up and take a 3mm long handle allen wrench and adjust the
air flow meter for the least amount of fluctuation. The proper way to adjust
it is to take it to a shop and put an analyzer on the exhaust and adjust the
air to fuel mixture. Then replace the 02 sensor and plugs then readjust. The
readings will be different after 02/pulgs are installed. If you do it before,
then you may re foul both. Make sure all the air mixture screws air gently
closed down. Most of this info can be found in the workshop manuel D:01:05 +
if you have them. Other things that can contribute to the rich problem are
the Control pressure regulator and the cold start valve. But I think it's
just the adjustment.
Hope this helps
John hervey
www.specialTauto.com