Re: [DML] Original miles?

In a message dated 2/22/01 7:39:19 PM Central Standard Time,
RJRavalli@xxxx writes:

> When I bought my D about 4 months ago, I was told the car has
> 129k miles on it. But to me, it seems to have some of the typical
> DeLorean problems (i.e. hot start, auto trans gov. problem, etc.)
> that makes me slightly suspect that if this car really had that
> many miles, than some of these problems would have already
> been taken care of. Am I wrong in assuming this? (Or do these

Richard,

the problems you mention really don't have a lot to do with the milage on the
car. the auto trans gov can go at any time (i've heard of them buggin' out
at less than 10,000 miles), and then for some people, the gov is flawless all
of the time.

don't know much about hot start problems though. i haven't had those yet!
but at least if you bought a D with over 100,000 miles on it, chances are
that it's not going to have the problems that most of us have - problems
associated with improper storage of the car!

Andy

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596