Re: Found good gas cap replacement part -- NOT

Re: Found good gas cap replacement part -- NOT

This exercise is another reason to try to get the correct part the
first time from you favorite Delorean vender. An innocuous little part
like a gas cap is an interegal part of the fuel and emissions system.
By substituting what looks like the same thing can put you and your
car at risk, at the least it could cause you to fail an emissions
exam and sicken you with fumes. There is no reason to pursue the
search for a substitute when there are a sufficient quantity in stock
and probably cheaper than finding the wrong one 2 or 3 times and then
having to modify it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757