Jim Varney's "D"

Jim Varney's car may well have been clocked at 140 if local legend is
true....seems Jim had his Delorean turbocharged with Island Turbo parts at
Mortorvation Racing in Dallas. (now long gone). I bought his (or so I was
told) leftover catalytic converter and crossover pipe for spares. Another
list member (who's D has since been wrecked--waaaaaaa) bought his leftover
muffler.

When I went to Motorvation for service once, there was a purple (OK, maroon
but a really sick maroon) DeLorean out front of Motorvation that was beaten
to a pulp-- literally hammered. Seems the owner took his girlfriend on a
vacation to Colorado and his wife found out. He came home and found his car
with his belongings inside out front of his house. She didn't miss much--
even the engine and transmission had been sledged!
\\Mark