Re: [DML] Re: 5 mph bumpers

Tom Nemczewski accident reminded me of something. (www.delorean.com/404.htm)

During the 1970s tDOT mandated 5 mph bumpers for the front of cars and 2.5
bumpers for the rear. When Reagan got into office, he lowered the front
standard standard to 2.5 mph. That is why todays cars cost some much be fixed
for minor crashes.

The question is does the DeLorean meet the 5 mph and rear 2.5 mph standards.
Legally, it should have since it was manufactured prior to Reagan changing the
law. However, I have not seen any documentation of this fact in all my years
of dealing with the DeLorean.

Has anyone ever seen this documented.?

Bob Brandys