$0 mod to Courtesy Light Switch

I forget how this whole thread started, but Hank Breer posted a
simple, effective, FREE solution to what I think the problem is back
in August of 1998.

>Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 12:56:28 -0700
>From: Hank Breer <hbreer@xxxx>
>Subject: Re: DML: Re: Door light kill switch alternatives
>
>Since the plunger travel is dependant on the door fit and latch
>adjustment, I doubt
>if any "standard" measurements would apply. Manually push in the
>plunger until
>the lights just go out, push in a little more (to ensure an air gap in the
>electrical contacts of the switch), and mark where the notch should be.
>
>On close examination, it appears that notch (which is less than
>1/16" deep) was cut
>with a couple of swipes of a triangular file. The edge of the notch
>(toward the
>car) is perpendicular to the plunger (to create a 'flat' to catch
>the metal trim
>piece) and the angled portion is toward the outside end. If the
>notch is cut so
>that the plunger is held too far in, the door will not contact it and you will
>loose the auto-center/return-to-normal-operation feature, but a
>sideways tap on the
>plunger will put things back.

This is a great example of how a slight modification to a stock part
(of which there is an abundant supply) can solve a problem - some of
the "newbies" on the list wouldn't have seen this post from Hank, so
I thought I'd bring it up again.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas