door to fender alignment

Hello List,
I installed a new door about 6 months ago but the seam where it meets the
rear fender was way to wide but the seam where the door met the front fender
is fine. I couldnt figure that out, maybe this new door is a tad bit
smaller? I tried moving both hinges back 3 mm to offset the gap but then the
door would not even come close to hitting the latch, then I added a a shim to
the rear hinge,but that still would not work properly. I was wondering if
the plastic piece that the fender screws into by the door can be moved? I
see it is screwed into place. If I just moved it 3-4 mm I would be all set,
can that be done? My car was hit on that side so I am wondering if it got
pushed out of place somehow when the fender crunched.
I have had this door off for the 5th time now and have tried everything else,
it opens and shuts perfectly now but the gap is really bothering me.

Thank You
Dave