MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

Dave,

It took a bit of head scratching and looking over the OEM circuit board to
find out. There is no equivalent diode D5 in the 'lock doors' circuit.
(Whew!) It took a bit more head scratching to figure out why. And this
changes my TOA.

Replace this part:

"Here it is
evident that the function of diodes D5 and D13 placed back-to-back are to
allow the transistor to be switched on without the door unlock switch
interfering with the transistor's bias."

With this:
"The function of diode D13 is to allow the transistor to be switched on
without the door unlock switch interfering with the transistor's bias. The
purpose of diode D5 is to stop the door lock module from sending a false
signal to the 'Lock Doors' dash light though resistor R12."

I am pleased to be able to contribute something useful. I bet I've fooled a
lot of people into thinking that I'm actually smart! :)

Walt