Classic Speedo possible rollback

 From: "chris" <chris@xxxx>
Subject: Cold Engine running and Speedo

Hi

When I start my DMC it runs fine, but if its been running for about a
minute and i push the throttle down it hesitates and looses power
then when the engine has warmed up its fine again. Any ideas

Also the speedo works fine but both the trip and milage counters do
not work. I checked the Lambda clock which said 74 and i have done
around 150 miles since and still says 74, but a unit is obviously 300
miles.

Any ideas

Thanks

I hate to be the Bearer of Bad News,but it sounds like someone has
played around with the mileage odometer(rollback)usually when the
speedo works fine,and the odometer,doesn't,it means that someone
pulled the odometer out of the case and physically turned back the
odometer,and did not reinstall it correctly,or used picks to turn it
back,and screwed up (broke/screwed it up)the connection between both
odometers,I had one car (a GM)that came from a rental company that
the speedo worked fine for a long time(about 10yrs) then all of a
sudden the speedo would turn 10,000 miles for every 100 miles I drove
it,took it apart and found out that it had been tampered with
(rollback).