cooling fan question

 Hello all,
My wife and I took the D out for a nice Sunday drive this past weekend. ( we
don't do this much do to a new baby),,,,,The D did great as it always
has,,,,but I have a question about the fans,,,,,first though,,,the car never
ever over heats,,it runs cool no matter what the temp,,,,,,when you have the
AC on,,,are they suppose to stay on or do they come on and off,,,,,mine are
going on and off,,,if they are suppose to stay on while the AC is on what is
the problem,,,,,,if they are not suppose to,,,,,,thanks anyway

J.B.Vincent
vin: 16709
lic: DMC 12