Re: [DML] Hard Starting.

Sounds like it could be a bad coil or control module. Frequently these act up when they get hot. Your engine does not get hot enough while running to cause the problem (coolant is circulating). However, as soon as you shut the engine off, coolant stops circulating. This period of time is when the engine gets the hottest (even though it is not running). After several hours, it cools down to acceptable levels and will allow the car to re-start. I know this sounds kinda odd, but I have seen this more than once.(not on DeLoreans though)
Hope this helps.
Brian
16584

My car recently has been hard to start.

When my car sits for about 3-5 hours it is hard to impossible to start
the car
The car starts right back up when warm. Last night
my car sat in my garage for about 3 hours. I got in it to start it and it
wouldn't start at all. (not even any choking) after turning the engine over
for about 2 minutes,
A half hour later a tried to start
the car and it started with little hesitation. If the car sits for 6 or more
hours it almost never has trouble starting. THanks in advance... -Dave