[DML] What Are We Coming To?

 I not only echo the observations of the comments about less than
knowledgeable people either wanting to buy or sell DeLoreans, I think
that many of the people that buy this car (or any other car) that do not
have any concept of what or how an automobile functions is deplorable. I
have seen posts here that ask how to remove a wheel in order to change a
tire to how to bleed the brakes to how to change a fuse. People, get a
clue. In order to function in this world, you must have the rudimentary
knowledge of what you want to do is all about. You MUST know the
difference between the air conditioner compressor and the alternator,
where to check the coolant level, how to check the oil, and on & on.
E-mail queries to ask someone on the list what or where a spark plug is,
without trying to find out how a car engine works on your own, will not
help you in life. Good grief, is the majority of the people wanting D's
totally clueless about internal combustion engines, rotating equipment,
hydraulic fundamentals, electrical fundamentals, basic safety concerns,
etc? Things that any person that grows up observing the world around
them should learn by osmosis?
I guess that I am becoming too cynical. This list is rapidly
deterioriating into where to find a diecast model of a D to video game
simulations of a D to music lyrics that refer to a D to just D.
I sincerely feel sorry for someone that either has the wherewithal to
purchase a car on their own or whose parents buy them a car that can not
figure out how to change a windshield wiper blade or change a tire.
Bleeding the brakes? Cripes, read up on it and learn how to do it - no
more difficult than learning how to advance fifteen levels of Doom.
Aaah, I apologize. I grew up in a different age, one where a little
self reliance helped you get through life without taking the easy way
out. Ask my Dad how to replace a fuse? Not me! I had already learned
it by watching how he did it - and his theory was, once was enough after
any questions I had during the operation were answered.

Rant Mode Off

Mike Hirko
VIN 1387