[DML] DMC year...important?

I just bought my DMC two weeks ago and quite enjoy it, as a matter of
fact I have driven it every day! It is an 1983 VIN 16367, with only
35,000 on it, plus a copy of Stainless Steel Illusion in the trunk!
(which i just found out yesterday is a rare book)

I see most of the post are from people who have very low VIN numbers.
Is that more desireable? When I was looking for one to purchase I was
looking for a higher VIN because of the old saying "first -worst, last
best".

When I was searching for a DMC to buy I only found a few of the higher
vin numbers out there?

Dont worry, it wont brake my heart to find out that the last ones made
are not coveted like the earlier models! ;-)

I love mine...