[DML] Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

[DML] Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

I would like to thank all the competitors, expo attendees and vendors that
made the Concours and Products Fair held as part of the DeLorean Owners
Association Expo in St. Louis this past weekend.

A very, very special thanks the Millennium Judges, who so graciously gave
up part of the weekend to judge the concours cars at the event. Never
before has there been such detail in a DeLorean concours, and the judges
performed their task in a thorough and objective manner. I hope that they
will take some time once more and share their thoughts on the show with the
rest of the DeLorean Mailing List.

The judges for this event were:

Marty Maier, Engine Compartment
Bill Swilley, Operating Controls
Knut Grimsrud, Interior
Mike Substelny, Undercarriage
Patti Substelny, Exterior
Ken Montgomery, Luggage Compartment

Competing in the concours were:

Scott and Shirley Lieber
Don Gowler
James and Kris Smith
Chad and Karen Lange
Ken Koncelik
Joe Candella
Phillip Pratt
John Yerskey and Bill Winegard

The final results of the concours judging were announced Saturday evening
at the Oktoberfest Ball. For those who were unable to attend, the awards
were presented as follows:

Concours
First Place, with 285.5 out of 300 points, James & Kris Smith
Second Place, with 282.5 out of 300 points, Scott and Shirley Lieber
Third Place, with 273.25 out of 300 points, Ken Koncelik

Competing in People Choice Competition were:

Richard Cutter
Bill Swilley
Ken Cooley

Bill Swilley took first place in the Peoples Choice competition with his
170,000 mile 1981 DdeLorean, while Richard Cutter came in second with his
1981 DeLorean that he had modified by installing a Cadillac Northstar V-8
engine.

My thanks again to all involved with the event, and I hope to see and meet
more of you at Ken's event in Cleveland next June, as well as at the next
Association Expo next November in Las Vegas.

Stephen Wynne
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573