[DML] Re: 350 in a D?

I don't want to start flames here but, I have to agree w/ Robert. The
DeLorean is EXTREMELY easy to work on compared to some of today's cars. I
have a '95 Trans Am and it takes all day to change just the plug wires on
it! Right now I have my D in pieces changing out the head gaskets. I
wouldn't even think of doing this to the T/A. I do agree that the DeLorean
is very qurky. It seems as soon as you fix one thing, something else goes
wrong, but I believe that this is caused by bad mechanics that have worked
on my D in the past. Once I started working on the car myself, I found
plenty of things that other mechanics had screwed up royally! Now that I'm
working on it myself, it is getting more and more reliable. (Not to mention
I'm saving a fortune!) I thought other D owners were crazy when they said
they used their cars as daily drivers, but, now mine's a daily driver. I
once looked at an engine swap like you are considering. I was going to go
with a 350 TPI out of a '88 GTA, but it would have been very expensive and
the stock trans wouldn't have held up. It would take ALOT of modification
to put a different engine AND transmission in there. Realistically, I
purchased a Vortech V6 that will do the job nicely. It has 210 HP which
would be perfect since the stock trans can take up to 250 HP. However, this
would still be more headaches than it is worth. (at least right now anyway)
The more dependable my D gets, the less I consider the engine swap.

Thanks,

Duke