[DML] help-lost the spark

I found a nice D that had been sitting for 2 years. Using a 200 amp
charger/starter and the old battery I got it to start when I sprayed
some starter fluid in the air intake. So, I know that it had spark
then. However, it then quit starting and I have checked for a high
voltage spark at the coil and now don't get one.

Using an ohm meter I have evidence that the problem is in the
distibutor--as per pages m:01:03 and m:01:04 of the workshop manual. I
wonder if I blew the pick-up coil or diode . How hard is it to replace?
I'm not sure that I have it in me to take out the distibutor.

Steve Liggett
New D owner (#3076)